Many Mac users have a common query “How do I sync Gmail with Outlook?”. As users are still unaware of the process to setup Gmail in Outlook 365 on Mac, so they look for a reliable approach to perform the migration.
In this blog, we will share the techniques that will help users to find the right solution.
Even though Gmail is a commonly used email client among millions of users but still many wants to add Gmail to Outlook 365. It is because of the rich features that Office 365 provides as compared to Gmail.
There are not many options available on the internet for transferring Gmail to Outlook 365. Therefore, after a lot of research, in this blog, we will share some apt manual and professional approaches to perform the Gmail to Outlook migration.
Without any further delay let’s talk about these methods.
How do I add my Gmail Account to Outlook 365?
Migration of Gmail to Office 365 is not an easy process. We still have shared the manual approach to sync Gmail with Outlook 365 efficiently. We will also be sharing a professional approach to setup Gmail in Outlook 365 which will be easier and safer to perform.
Let’s start with the manual approach, and follow the mentioned steps thoroughly to get better results.
The manual approach to connect Gmail to Outlook 365 is a six steps process. The initial step is to enable 2-step verification on your Gmail account and generate a third-party app password.
#Step 1: Enable 2-step Verification and Generate a third-party password in Gmail
- Open Gmail and Sign in using the credentials.
- Click on the Account option in the top-right corner, and go to the Manage your Google Account option.
- In the Account section, navigate to Security from the left-side panel.
- Scroll down and enable the 2-step verification option.
- Finally, click on App password and generate a third-party app password.
This completes the initial step to setup Gmail in Outlook 365. Now proceed to steps 2, 3, 4, and so on.
#Step 2: Verify your Domain Authority
- Launch Office 365 and Sign in to your account.
- Go to the Admin center and then select Setup> Domain option.
- Next, add a domain option appears, add the desired Domain name, and tap Next.
- Tick the Add a TXT record option and press Next.
- Now, copy the TXT value and add the DNS record to your host provider.
- Lastly, Click on verify to finish the domain verification.
#Step 3: Adding User Identity to Office 365
- Go to the Admin center in the Office 365 account.
- Tap on the users option and select Active users.
- Select Add a user option and add a new account by adding Name, Domain, Password settings, etc.
- From the assigned product license panel, select the user’s license and its location.
- Tap on the Optional settings panel and choose Role for determining the admin.
- You can opt to add additional information from the Profile Info tab and proceed to Next.
- Finally, click the Finish adding button and then hit Close after verifying the settings.
#Step 4: List all the Gmail Mailbox Accounts
- Sign in to the Google workspace Admin Console.
- After you log in, go to the Users option.
- Copy the email address of all accounts whose mailbox data you want to transfer.
- Now, go to Office 365 Admin center and click on the Users option.
- Create an excel sheet and enter all the details like Email Address, Username, and Password.
- Now, save the spreadsheet in the CSV file format to setup Gmail in Outlook 365.
#Step 5: Connect Office 365 to Gmail Server
- Open the Exchange Admin Center.
- Select the Recipient option and then Migration.
- Tap on the More option and then click on Migration Endpoint.
- Then, select the New icon to generate a new migration endpoint.
- After that, choose IMAP as the migration endpoint type.
- In the IMAP Migration Configuration window, type imap.gmail.com in the IMAP server option and click Next.
- Once the connection is complete, General Information Page will appear.
- Lastly, enter the migration endpoint details and tap on the New icon.
#Step 6: Batch Migrate Gmail Mailbox
- Launch the Microsoft 365 account and run the Admin Center.
- From the left panel and click on the Exchange option. Now, select Recipient> Migration.
- Tap on the New icon and select Migrate to Exchange Online.
- Now, select the IMAP Migration option and press the Next icon.
- After that, press the Browse button to add the file that you wish to move from Gmail to Office 365.
- Click on the Next button after checking the information.
- Now, generate the migration endpoint as required and tap Next.
- Do not change the details in the IMAP Migration Configuration and again click on Next.
- Now, In the Move Configuration option, fill in the migration batch name and press Next.
- A Start a Batch option will appear, select Automatically Start the Batch> New to initiate the migration.
Follow all these steps accordingly to setup Gmail in Outlook 365 on Mac OS. However, it is a lengthy and time-consuming process to deal with. There are some other restrictions of this manual approach that are shared below.
Drawbacks of the Manual Approach
The above-mentioned manual approach is not an optimum solution to add Gmail to Outlook 365 on Mac. Some major reasons are listed below.
- Users can not batch-migrate Gmail emails to Office 365 accounts.
- It is not possible to perform selective email migration.
- Migrating large-size Gmail emails using this approach can be troublesome.
- Data originality is compromised during the migrating process.
- The method is monotonous and time-consuming.
- Users are unable to eliminate duplicate mail items from the conversion process.
To eliminate these drawbacks, many experts prefer using the professional Mac Gmail Backup Tool to connect Gmail to Outlook 365 on Mac.
An Expert Solution to Setup Gmail in Outlook 365
To migrate Gmail emails to Office 365, using the professional MacSonik Gmail Backup Tool is a smarter choice. This is a reliable and 100% risk-free method that provides accurate migration of Gmail emails.
It effectively and efficiently converts and migrates Gmail emails into 15+ different file formats/email clients. Users can quickly perform bulk migration of Gmail emails and also eliminate duplicate email items from the conversion process.
Steps to Sync Gmail with Outlook 365:-
- Download and Run the MacSonik Gmail Backup Tool on your system.
- Enter the Gmail credentials and tap on Sign in.
- Check the required folders for the tree structure and click on Next.
- Select Office 365 as the saving email client from the Save As feature.
- Sign in using the Office 365 credentials.
- Finally, hit the Convert button to start the conversion of Gmail to Outlook account.
Also Read: How to Convert OST to PST in Outlook 2021/2019/2016/2013
In this blog, we have shared the manual approach and a professional solution to migrate and set up Gmail in Outlook 365. To avoid, the trouble faced in the manual approach, a professional approach is a better solution.
As the professional method is less time-consuming and provides highly accurate results. With this tool, users can also bulk export Gmail emails to PDF format with attachments. It is the most opted solution by many business professionals and tech experts.